Below are several of the more commonly used forms used by students in the Graduate Program in Religion. Other forms are available at the Graduate School website.
- Committee Approval — To be submitted prior to preliminary exams and dissertation defenses and must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School at least one month prior to the examination. A minor area representative (MAR) must be selected, and a justification for that selection must be provided in the box on the form. This form should be submitted at the same time as the preliminary examination readiness statement.
- Preliminary Exam Readiness — Submit with the Committee Approval form in order to be able to schedule preliminary exams. This certifies that the advisor approves of your committee and that all course and language requirements have been met.
- Request for Prelim Exam Space — Send this request form to the DGSA to request space for preliminary examinations.
- Preliminary Exam Extension Request - Required for those who have not completed preliminary exams by the end of the 3rd year
- Report of Proposal Defense — This form should be signed by committee members following the proposal defense. After passing the proposal defense, you should complete the "proposal form for CDC" listed below.
- Proposal Form for CDC — This form should be completed after the proposal defense has been completed, and corrections have been made to the proposal as suggested by the committee. This form is a shortened version of the proposal.
- Graduating Student Checklist Items for DGSA — For all students planning to graduate in this or the following semester, turn this form in to the DGSA.
- Interinstitutional Registration — Use for enrolling in class at one of our partner institutions (UNC-Chapel Hill or NC State.)
- Audit Form — Use this form to get instructor approval for any audited course.
- Permission to enroll in a course below 500 level
- Course Withdrawal — Use this form to withdraw from any graduate class prior to the last day of graduate classes.
- Languages for Reading Purposes Application — non-credit courses in summer for graduate students who need to satisfy reading knowledge requirements for graduate and professional programs. Students will gain reading skills through guided in-class work, supplemented by intensive independent study of necessary grammar and the opportunity to apply these skills to an individualized project. Funding is available to graduate students.
- REL 996 Form - Teaching and Learning credit
- Application for teaching a course in Religious Studies
- Conference Travel Application — If you are presenting a paper at a conference and have passed your preliminary exams, you may apply for conference travel funding using this form. It must be approved by one month prior to the travel. Each student is only eligible for one funded conference per year.
- Kearns Mini-grant Travel Application — If you are presenting a paper at a conference and have not yet passed your preliminary exams, you may apply for conference travel funding using this form. It must be approved by one month prior to the travel. Each student is only eligible for one funded conference per year.
- Travel Reimbursement — Complete this form in Excel and send it along with your one scanned PDF containing receipts and (for post-prelim students) approval letter from The Graduate School to the DGSA. Receipts must be turned in by one month following travel.